Multi purpose your content: When writing an article or blog post, think in terms of being able to use it in a number of ways in order to increase your reach. For example...
There are a multitude of ways to do this with video and audio as well.Get creative, think outside the box and plan to multi purpose everything you put out in order to maximize your efforts.
Pick a few platforms that work for you and be excellent at those rather than wanting to be all things to all people: Get to know the various platforms and then determine which ones are right for you and your business.
Rather than hoping on the latest trend, make sure you have a clear understanding of where your target market hangs out and focus your energies there.
For example, with Facebook ads you are able to target your ideal client very specifically with ad options like targeting TV shows they may watch, books they may have an interest in, associations they may be involved with, relationship status, interests in various non-profits, income & education levels...the choices are quite all encompassing.
Be consistent: Put together a strategy based on your objectives and then get into a rhythm of kicking out consistent, relevant and helpful content on a regular basis.
Get a system: Choose programs like Hootsuite or Buffer to organize and schedule posts, followed by Infusionsoft to capture targeted leads, build your mailing lists and help you stay organized and on top of your various campaigns.
Get help: We see people daily who have every intention of sharing their good with the world, building their lists of fans and followers and increasing sales only to spin their wheels and fall short.
The world of social media and digital marketing is extremely complex and incredibly fast paced.
You need to decide whether or not you have the time and resources to become an expert, get educated and stay plugged in to industry changes. Or to hire an employee to manage everything for you (and hope that they have the expertise to deliver results), or bring on a company to help you with all aspects of the process, give you guidance on the best ways to move forward and then handle everything for you.
Based on the following stats, the decisions you make with regard to initiating and managing your social media and digital marketing will undoubtably make a big impact as to how your business will stack up against your competition and be perceived by the public.
Major take away...get educated, make a plan and take action.
10 Stats About Social Media Demographics from B2B
1. 52% of online adults now use two or more social media sites. (Pew Research)
2. 70% of the U.S. population has at least one social networking profile. (Statistica)
3. Of the 7.2 billion people on earth, 3 billion have Internet access; 2.1 billion are active on social media; and 1.7 billion use social networks from a mobile device. (Link Humans)
4. The number of worldwide social media users is expected to reach 2.5 billion by 2018. (Statistica)
5. The average social media user maintains five accounts. (Link Humans)
6. Mothers with children under the age of five are the most active on social media. (Link Humans)
7. 90% of young adults (ages 18 to 29) use social media. 35% of those over age 65 do. (Pew Research Center)
8. Every minute, Reddit users cast more than 18,000 votes; Vine users play more than one million videos; and and Snapchat users share nearly 285,000 snaps. (DR4WARD)
9. The “most important” social networks to teens and young adults (aged 12-24) are now Instagram (32%), Twitter (24%), Facebook (14%), Snapchat (13%) and Tumblr (4%). (Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends)
10. But Snapchat isn’t the best place for marketers (at least not yet). “Philosophically, it is important that Snapchat is a platform built for people and not for brands,” Snapchat’s CEO, Evan Spiegel, has stated. (V3B Blog)
If you have been struggling to manage your internet presence, Social Media and Digital Marketing. Or you know you need to "be out there" in a much bigger way, but you are just not sure *how* --- we can help. Since 2009 we have been getting results online for the Health and Wellness industry. If you'd like to learn more about how we can help you get seen, build a positive reputation; and a powerful list of followers, online --- just click here
JOIN OUR 180,000 +
FOLLOWERS, FANS & SUBSCRIBERS.
Kim Peterson, Keynote Speaker, LinkedIn Expert, Teaching Teams To Increase Increase Opportunities By Building Relationships Online
Kim is the Founder & CEO of CommonSenseHealth, a health-conscious, Colorado-based digital marketing firm,
CommonSenseHealth has provided top-notch digital marketing & social media services for the health & wellness industry
worldwide since 2009.
If you are looking to multiply your business results by growing your strengths, then perhaps we should chat. I am taking on a select few one-on-one and corporate clients this year who are interested in achieving dramatic increases in results; a few diamonds in the rough who are ready to do what it takes to rise above and create the life that they truly want to be living.
I also speak on how to build relationships via social media in such a way that will dramatically improve your (or your team's) overall results and open doors to opportunities you never knew existed!
To inquire about booking me, please offer a few details in the message area here, and I will get back with you personally to discuss.