What have you got going on today?
"Not much? Ya, me either...just kinda kickin it...I mean, my business pretty much runs itself."
Said NO BUSINESS OWNER, EVER!
The likelihood is that you are swamped with calls, emails, meetings, prospecting, marketing, cash flow management, employee management, new product development, current client maintenance, travel, presentations etc....
The bottom line is that, for most of us, the day runs out before our list of to dos do.
So when is the best time to get some serious help with one of your to dos...online marketing (social media, blogging, email outreach, branding, list building etc.)?
Answer? As soon as you want to get serious about growing your presence, increasing sales and building your Tribe.
Just as you likely have an accountant or CPA, rather than an intern, handle your finances; you need to seek a proven professional within the online marketing community to work with you, in order to build your network and presence.
If you think that what you have always done will continue to work in the future--think again.
Hubspot offers some staggering statistics with regard to behavior on the web and how it impacts your business. These are from 2014.
1. 78% of Internet users conduct product research online. That means your website stands a good chance of being a prospect's "first impression." That also means your new business card isn't a business card—it's Google.
2. In the past year, Web-based email usage dropped a staggering 59% among 12-17 year olds, who prefer to communicate via text, instant messaging, and social networks. If 12-17 year olds aren't your primary customers, you may think, "So what? They're just kids." But web-based email usage has been on the decline among ALL Internet users under the age of 55. And by the way, today's kids are tomorrow's customers—and they're probably not going to be reading your email.
3. 78% of business people use their mobile device to check email. So that means pretty much everybody that can check email on a mobile device, does . Is your email newsletter optimized for mobile devices ?
4. 40% of US smartphone owners compare prices on their mobile device while in-store, shopping for an item. Is your business website optimized for mobile devices? If not, you may be missing out on hundreds of sales opportunities. 5. 200 Million Americans have registered on the FTC's "Do Not Call" list. That's 2/3 of the country's citizens. The other 1/3, I'm guessing, probably don't have a home phone anymore.
6. 91% of email users have unsubscribed from a company email they previously opted-in to. We're getting savvier with technology and less patient with unwanted solicitations. And it's just so easy to hit 'delete'.
7. 84% of 25-34 year-olds have left a favorite website because of intrusive or irrelevant advertising. Frankly, I'm surprised this stat doesn't read "100%" and apply to a much wider age range.
8. 57% of businesses have acquired a customer through their company blog. Finally, some good news! Blogging is good. Intrusive ads are bad. See how simple it is? 9. 41% of B2B companies and 67% of B2C companies have acquired a customer through Facebook. If this stat doesn't poke a hole in the "Facebook is not useful for B2B companies" myth, I don't know what will.
10. The number of marketers who say Facebook is “critical” or “important” to their business has increased 83% in just 2 years. That's right— critical or important. When a channel generates not only leads, but real revenue, you can't call it "experimental" any longer.
11. Companies that blog get 55% more web traffic. The more you blog, the more pages Google has to index, and the more inbound links you're likely to have. The more pages and inbound links you have, the higher you rank on search engines like Google—thus the greater amount of traffic to your website. Which is why we repeat: Blogging is good.
12. Inbound marketing costs 62% less per lead than traditional, outbound marketing.
That's right— 62% less. The average outbound lead costs $373. The average inbound lead costs $143. And as we love to say around here, "if it don't make dollars, it don't make sense." Outbound marketing just don't make sense anymore.
Did any of these jump out at you? Perhaps freak you out a little?
If you are not properly represented on line... this, unfortunately, does not make a good first impression; and you are quite likely missing out on sales and opportunities as a result.
If you don't completely understand the enormity in terms of shift in how effective marketing is done, that doesn't mean your competition doesn't understand it or isn't doing anything about it.
Think of it this way...If you choose not to play full out...someone else will. Educate yourself and get the help you need to make the impression you want.
Need Help with Your Health & Wellness Social Media & Marketing?
That's What We Do!
If you have been struggling to manage your internet marketing, Social Media and blogging. Or you know you need to "be out there" in a much bigger way, but you are just not sure *how* --- we can help. Since 2009 we have been developing networks and getting the message of Health and Wellness around the globe in a big way. If you'd like to learn more about how we can help you get seen, build a positive reputation; and a powerful list of followers, online --- just click here
JOIN OUR 180,000 +
FOLLOWERS, FANS & SUBSCRIBERS.