Kim Peterson, CEO CommonSenseHealth.org
True leaders are hard to find. They are generally charismatic, genuinely interested in your objectives, they set the standard to follow and have a vision that others are drawn towards.
These quotes, taken from a few of the masters, are designed to inspire, help you pause, reflect and perhaps improve your leadership skills.
1. “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” - Lao Tzu
2. "You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand." --Woodrow Wilson
3."The important thing is this: to be able to give up in any given moment all that we are for what we can become." --DeSeaux
4. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." --Winston Churchill
5. "Becoming a leader is synonymous with becoming yourself. It is precisely that simple and it is also that difficult." --Warren Bennis
6. "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate, and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand." – Colin Powell
7. "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." – John Quincy Adams
8. "Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
9. "It's hard to lead a cavalry charge if you think you look funny on a horse." - Adlai E. Stevenson II
10. "As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others." – Bill Gates
11. "A good leader leads the people from above them. A great leader leads the people from within them."--M. D. Arnold
12. “A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit." - John Maxwell
13. "A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent." --Douglas MacArthur
14. “Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position.” - Brian Tracy
15. "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." --Kurt Vonnegut
16. "I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people." --Mahatma Gandhi
17. "When people talk, listen completely." --Ernest Hemingway
18. "The task of the leader is to get their people from where they are to where they have not been." --Henry Kissinger
19. "One of the tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency." --Arnold Glasow
20. "To add value to others, one must first value others." --John Maxwell
21. "Leaders aren't born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal."--Vince Lombardi
22. "Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." --Robert Louis Stevenson
23. "The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves." --Ray Kroc
Be the person others choose to follow. Provide inspiration. Make other people feel important and appreciated. Commit to inspire by example. Lead.
If you have been struggling to manage your internet presence "Digital Media & Marketing", or you know you need to be representing yourself online in a much bigger way, but you are just not sure *how* --- we can help.
Since 2009 we have been getting consistent and powerful results online for businesses and organizations within Health and Wellness industry. If you'd like to learn more about how we can help you generate sales, build a positive reputation; and a powerful list of prospects, online --- just click here.
JOIN OUR 180,000 +
FOLLOWERS, FANS & SUBSCRIBERS.
Kim Peterson, Keynote Speaker, LinkedIn Expert, Teaching Teams To Increase Increase Opportunities By Building Relationships Online
Kim is the Founder & CEO of CommonSenseHealth, a health-conscious, Colorado-based digital marketing firm,
CommonSenseHealth has provided top-notch digital marketing & social media services for the health & wellness industry
worldwide since 2009.
If you are looking to multiply your business results by growing your strengths, then perhaps we should chat. I am taking on a select few one-on-one and corporate clients this year who are interested in achieving dramatic increases in results; a few diamonds in the rough who are ready to do what it takes to rise above and create the life that they truly want to be living.
I also speak on how to build relationships via social media in such a way that will dramatically improve your (or your team's) overall results and open doors to opportunities you never knew existed!
To inquire about booking me, please offer a few details in the message area here, and I will get back with you personally to discuss.