Kim Peterson, CEO CommonSenseHealth.org
Research shows only 8% of people actually achieve new year's resolutions. I don't know about you...but I'm not a big fan of odds like that.
How about let's cut to the chase and create a path that puts the odds in your favor?
Rather than focusing on "losing weight", "being better with money management" or "going to the gym 5 days a week" let's focus on what it REALLY takes to creating lasting change and that is...
BECOMING the type of person who ... maintains a healthy weight for their frame, is proactive with money management, and leads a healthy lifestyle for example.
Here are a couple of strategies to implement in order to train yourself into becoming the type of person that makes it happen rather than one that jumps in for a couple of weeks and then fades away into oblivion until the next new year rolls around.
1) Make your goals specific. Rather than proclaiming "I'm going to get in shape" declare that you weigh X number of pounds, consistently exercise at least 5 days a week and eat clean regularly in order to maintain that goal.
2) Be patient. This is a new lifestyle we are creating...not a get thin fast approach. You are becoming the type of person who is proactive rather than reactive about your health. As a reward you have more energy, confidence and joy in your life. NO quick fix delivers those long term results.
3) Get back up as fast as you can. You will falter, you will fall. That's life. Getting back up FAST sets the people who succeed apart from those who fail. Don't luxuriate in the "woe as me", get yourself back up, PRONTO! Make this your mantra and nothing will be out of your reach.
4) Celebrate your results. Whether it's with a reward like a new outfit or book...maybe some new workout or sports gear. Whatever it takes to treat yourself after an incremental goal has been achieved. JUST DO IT! Celebrate the awesome new you!
5) Baby steps will get you there. It's not about going full force every day, needing to buy a bunch of workout gear or coaching materials, but rather the commitment to take small actions every day...day in and day out in order to create those lifestyle habits that will give you the foundation with which you can lead a more productive, satisfying and healthy life.
6) Join a group. Whether it's buddies to walk with, a financial management or investment group or taking classes at the gym, you will be inspired and uplifted by spending time with others who are wanting to better themselves. And you're likely to make some new friends in the process as well!
7) Make the time. We all have the same 24 hours in a day. When you meet people who seem to have it all together they are not luckier than you. Things aren't easier for them. Getting out of bed at 5:00am or hitting the gym after a long day at work isn't more appealing to them, they just make the time to get things done...and so can you!
Getting clear on the type of person you truly wish to be, then working backwards as to the daily steps you need to take to get there is key.
Reading or listening to Biographies and inspirational Podcasts can be a great motivating resource when times get tough. They can also inspire, motivate and provide you with tips and tools that can help you along your journey.
The bottom line is this...time makes fools of us all, if you are wanting things to change for the better, YOU need to commit to making those changes.
Kim Peterson is a passionate Health & Wellness Advocate and the Founder and CEO of CommonSenseHealth.org. Since 2009, CSH has been helping to establish an online presence while generating leads and sales for Health & Wellness clients worldwide. Prior to CSH, Kim was the Founder of Light Force Therapy, a company that rapidly became a multi-million-dollar leader in the light therapy industry.
Kim has built a network of 120,000 + highly engaged subscribers, fans, and followers which produce consistent sales and expands daily.
Kim speaks on how to build relationships via social media in such a way that will dramatically improve your (or your team’s) overall results and open doors to opportunities you never knew existed! To inquire about booking, please click here and offer a few details in the message area. Kim will get back with you personally to discuss.
JOIN OUR 180,000 +