Kim Peterson, CEO CommonSenseHealth.org
I recently rewatched Julie & Julia last night and had a few ah-ha moments that I didn't have after watching it years ago. I enjoyed it both times, but this time got a bit more out of it.
Just in case you haven't seen it...the movie depicts and contrasts the events in the life of chef Julia Child, and Julie Powell, a woman who wants to cook the 524 recipes from Child’s cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
Powell starts a blog documenting her daily experiences and calls it “The Julie/Julia Project.” She has a government job she hates and lives in a tiny apartment over a pizzeria with aspirations of becoming a "real" writer.
As she takes on the daily challenges of cooking, blogging, trying to juggle work, family and friends; she learns, grows and developes into the person she always knew she could be.
Here are a few gems I extracted from revisiting Julie & Julia...
- If you've always been a person who "never completes anything'...it doesn't have to stay that way. You CAN make the changes necessary to reach the goals you really want for yourself, it's never too late.
- Set a goal that is doable but seems insurmountable. You will have to dig deep to find the resources as to how you will get things done, but pushing yourself allows you to find strength you never thought you had.
- When things get tough...always remember that this too will pass. The path towards success is never straight forward or permanent for that matter. As Darren Hardy says "Success is never owned, but is rented and the rent is due every day."
- Not everything will go your way...and that's okay. In fact it's to be expected.
- Just keep moving forward..day after day. Baby steps get you there. All "overnight successes" are made this way.
- You are never too old to learn something new. When you stop learning you stagnate...never stop learning; continue to be curious, passionate and persistent.
- Don't be intimidated when you are new to something, just jump in, practice and keep moving forward. Even when the odds, your family, your classmates, co workers or teammates are against you or have lost their faith...just keep chopping those onions until you are the best in the class!
In others, take action, stay strong, be positive and BELIEVE that you CAN...then DO!
If you have been struggling to manage your internet presence, Social Media and Digital Marketing. Or you know you need to "be out there" in a much bigger way, but you are just not sure *how* --- we can help.
Since 2009 we have been getting results online for the Health and Wellness industry. If you'd like to learn more about how we can help you get seen, build a positive reputation; and a powerful list of followers, online --- just click here
JOIN OUR 180,000 +